Mahout in Action is a hands-on creation to laptop studying with Apache Mahout. Following real-world examples, the publication offers sensible use circumstances after which illustrates how Mahout could be utilized to resolve them. contains a unfastened audio- and video-enhanced ebook.
About the Technology
A computing device process that learns and adapts because it collects info may be particularly strong. Mahout, Apache's open resource computing device studying undertaking, captures the center algorithms of advice platforms, type, and clustering in ready-to-use, scalable libraries. With Mahout, you could instantly practice in your personal initiatives the laptop studying thoughts that force Amazon, Netflix, and others.
About this Book
This publication covers computer studying utilizing Apache Mahout. in response to adventure with real-world purposes, it introduces sensible use circumstances and illustrates how Mahout will be utilized to resolve them. It areas specific specialize in problems with scalability and the way to use those ideas opposed to huge facts units utilizing the Apache Hadoop framework.
This booklet is written for builders acquainted with Java -- no past event with Mahout is assumed.
Owners of a Manning pBook bought wherever on the earth can obtain a unfastened publication from manning.com at any time. they could accomplish that a number of occasions and in all or any codecs to be had (PDF, ePub or Kindle). to take action, consumers needs to check in their revealed replica on Manning's web site by means of making a person account after which following directions imprinted on the pBook registration insert on the entrance of the book.
- Use workforce info to make person recommendations
- Find logical clusters inside your data
- Filter and refine with on-the-fly classification
- Free audio and video extras
Table of Contents
- Meet Apache Mahout
PART 1 RECOMMENDATIONS
- Introducing recommenders
- Representing recommender data
- Making recommendations
- Taking recommenders to production
- Distributing advice computations
PART 2 CLUSTERING
- Introduction to clustering
- Representing data
- Clustering algorithms in Mahout
- Evaluating and enhancing clustering quality
- Taking clustering to production
- Real-world purposes of clustering
PART three CLASSIFICATION
- Introduction to classification
- Training a classifier
- comparing and tuning a classifier
- Deploying a classifier
- Case research: store It To Me